Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Week In My Life

Finally, I can sit down and relax. This week has had some fun times stacked together. Reeecaaaap!

Monday - Diablo II came in the mail. There are some forces in my life that didn't allow me to play this game when it was released in 2001. You know who you are. Premise of the game? Kill Satan. Sounds pretty anti-Christian to me. The joy I hold in my heart for this game is nearly unrivaled. It has it all. RPG elements. Skill Trees. Funny death graphics. And replayability like a mofo. I've already put about 10 hours into it this week. Diablo II is a game that I will play right up to the release of Diablo III.

Tuesday - Inheritance came out. Inheritance came out. INHERITANCE CAME OUT!! I've waited for this book like nobody's business. Finally, the series ends. Unfortunately, Guy hasn't read the book yet, because he sucks. I'll wait to post my review until he comes out of Gaylandia and gets it finished. Also, my Sabian china arrived on Tuesday. Retail, the cymbal goes for about $230, but I picked up on eBay for $78. That was my steal of the week. Music has been an incredibly efficient stress relief for the past few weeks. Over the past year, I've slowly built my drum set up to a level that I'm really happy with. With a little purchase here and there, it has really turned into my baby.--- Guy, read he book ASAP---

Wednesday - Most of Wednesday was spent catching up on sleep. Jasmine and I went shopping, Diablo was played, then I slept. Not a whole lot going on here. Jasmine and I got our tickets for California for Christmas. Sweet.

Thursday - Thursday was the beginning of a master plan. More will be revealed on Friday's entry. Another package arrived in the mail on Thursday. More drum gear. Ben had a game on Thursday, as well. Even though his team got smoked, he still scored a season high of 8 points. That's huge, considering that his friends are about as tall as me.

FRIDAY!!! - So. There was a concert in Canada that I had given up hope on. BUT. Our tickets to California cost less than we thought they would. So, Joshua Benjamin Kaplan and I loaded up and drove to Calgary. Snowstorms. Flipped over cars. Desolate landscape. Canada sucks. then we made it to the show. SO. MUCH. METAL. I know I've I've used a lot of capitals. Excitement of this level can't be hidden though. Just go YouTube one video of the Devil Wears Prada. I had 70 minutes of that to sit/stand/throat chop/karate kick/hair pull/give knees-to-the-face to.

On a side note - We drove up for a band called Enter Shikari, as well. Unfortunately, we arrived as the were pulling their gear off of the stage. My heart was shattered. The band after them wasn't really my jam, so I stood in the back. Luck was upon me in Canada. Chris and Rob, the drummer and bass player from Enter Shikari, were walking around, and they talked to us. Coolest British dudes I've ever met. After hearing our story of our drive and missing them play, they hugged us and told us to keep our chins up. They'll be back in April, and they're now my best friends.

Ten hours in a car with Josh Kaplan + concert = One of the best days I've had this year.

Saturday - All R and R. I slept a lot today. Then we did some shopping. Jasmine needed yarn. I needed Magic cards. Mythic rares. Heyo. That leads up to me sitting at my house with my wife, getting ready for bed, as I have to be up at 5 am. So. Signing off for today. You all rule.

No comments: