Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Magic: The Gathering

Last week, I bought a few booster packs of the new expansion, Innistrad. The store I go to sells packs for $3.50, so I buy three. The first packs don't have a lot to offer, but the 3rd pack gives me my first ever mythic rare pull. Stoooookedalicious. Here's the eBay value and layout of the card

What does that mean for me? Time to build a vampire deck. Traditionally, the decks I lean towards are White and incredibly defensive. I've won most of my games with Felidor Soveriegn getting me over 40 life. This will be a whole new direction for me and how I plan my deck.

Jasmine had to go on a shopping trip today. Where did I suggest she go? Target. Why, you ask? Because I can get my cards there as well. Two birds. One stone. Infinite victory. Perusing through the decks, I found what I was looking for. Innistrad has a starter black/red deck, centered around vampires.

I'll start building the deck this week. There isn't a lot of competition for me around here. The higher ups in my life do not approve of Magic, so I have to go outside of my normal circle to find opponents. The shop I go to has Friday Night Magic. Hopefully I can make to a night or two in the next couple weeks.

Magic 2012 on PS3 also had expansion decks come out this week. PSN is down today (of-freaking-course.) Purchasing tomorrow. Owning shortly after. theMAYFLOWA is my PSNid. Add me if you would like to play.

No comments: