Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

My, what a week it's been. Two Thanksgivings, Black Friday, more shopping, movies, etc. It was balls to the wall all week long. I feel like I was in constant 'entertain me' mode. Complaints? None. This is what I did this week, entertainment wise -

Dead Space 2 - This game is already becoming one of my favorites that I've played in the last year. The story isn't very fully fleshed out yet, but the pacing of the game keeps me coming back for more. Dead Space is everything that I've been looking for in a survival horror game. Example - My plasma cutter can cut spikes off the necromorphs, at which point I pick them up with telepathy, launch them at their owner, and pin them to the wall. There aren't very many games that can offer that kind of innovation.

Tower Heist - I went and saw it on Black Friday with my wife and mother. Eddie Murphy was back in classic mode. He was straight out of Beverly Hills Cop, as far as demeanor and fluency goes. The movie was too intense for mom. On separate occasions, I caught her pulling up her collar and hiding behind it. ROFLcopter. Heyo. Overall, the movie surprised me with its cheer and comedic performances.

Black Friday - We didn't get a TV like we did last year. That was about the only difference. Jasmine and I hopped from store to store and picked up some sweet things. Best Buy has music equipment cheaper than internet prices. I have no idea how they do it, but I approve. It was one of the best buys I've had ina while.

Dexter - Season 4 - I haven't started watching it yet. On Friday, I'm clearing my whole schedule, sitting down on my couch, getting some beers, and watching this beast start to finish. I'm more excited for that than anything else this entire week.

No comments: